THE REAL STUFF:
1 x FC Pocket Console: We got these bad boy retro consoles from the guys at Empire Gaming. Play on the go or plug into your TV with a second controller and show your lighties what true gaming is. With lots of Chinese writing on the box that we have no idea what it says other than there are 100’s of retro games to play and they fit nicely into our crates.
1 x Beach Peak: We know you had one of these or at least your mom did? Don’t game without one.
1 x Red Bull: Gives you wings, lets you game longer, but don’t take our word for it.
1 x Oreo Originals (152g), nothing as nice as to dunk your Oreo’s in milk as a snack when you get hungry of all that gaming.
Delivered in a hand crafted wooden crated that is that gift that keeps on giving. Unlike bows, ribbons, wrapping of those weird bags, your CrateworX crate can be re-purposed. From toolboxes to veggie gardens, we would love to see what your crate gets up to once open.
Along with your crate, because we believe that receiving just 1 gift is not cool, we like to throw a few extra little surprises into each crate.
1 x Mini Crow bar. To break into your CrateworX crate and afterwards you have an awesome key ring.
Some cool and completely pointless science facts:
- Matt Damon refused to appear in the recent Bourne Conspiracy game because he thought it was too violent. Not fussed by the violence in the films then, eh, Matt?
- Sony’s beautiful monster-toppling adventure game Shadow Of The Colossus was originally going to feature groups of characters on horseback working to take down the colossi cooperatively. This proved too taxing for the PS2’s hardware, sadly.
- There are currently over 100 million Game Boys in the world; both the original and the colour variant. 32 million of them are in Japan, and there are 44 million in America.
- The PSone was originally planned as a Nintendo console, with Sony set to design its electronic components. When Nintendo ditched the project, Sony decided to make a console anyway.
- The death screams of the bad guys in the original Golden Axe are digitized from screams used in the films First Blood and Conan The Barbarian.
- The damsel-in-distress that Mario rescues in the original Donkey Kong is called Pauline. In the Japanese version she was known simply as ‘Lady’.
- The name Atari comes from the Chinese game Go. ‘Atari’ refers to a situation where a stone or a group of stones is in imminent danger of being taken by another player; a state Atari ironically found themselves in when the brand was bought by French company Infogrames.
- Sixty percent of all Americans age six and older, or about 145 million people, play computer and video games. The average age of a gamer is 28 years old.